Sunday 23 April 2017

Using a node SQL ORM with complex filtering

I've had some experience with Node API development previously, but my main ORM experience is with loopback's build in ORM which has limitations.I'm looking into both Sequelize and Knex (with Objection.js) at the moment, leaning towards Knex.However, I'd like it to be able to expose some of the filtering power on the client side. E.g. if I have some models like:Country -> hasMany -> City -> hasMany -> CustomerI'd like to do a query like find all customers in the United States.I understand this is easy to do in Sequelize as well as Objection/Knex. However, sequelize looks like the filter syntax may be almost ready to open up fully to the client?Has anyone had any experience with evolving query requirements on each ORM?

Submitted April 23, 2017 at 09:50AM by TheLegendOfZero

No comments:

Post a Comment