Wednesday 26 April 2017

My API on Heroku sends set-cookie headers as intended. Postman sets the cookies, Chrome does not. Is this because of the Vegur proxy?

I expected to find WAY more info on Vegur than I did. I'm using client-sessions for session cookies, and my own implementation of an auth token system using express's res.cookie(). In development, I ironed out all the CORS issues of the separate API and SPA running them on different ports. At that point, Chrome and Postman exhibited identical behaviors and all was well. When I uploaded everything to Heroku, Postman still got the headers correctly and set the cookies. Chrome got the headers correctly but DID NOT set the cookies. I'm thinking Vegur is the culprit but I'm not sure exactly how or how to proceed.

Submitted April 26, 2017 at 07:30PM by L000

No comments:

Post a Comment