Monday 24 April 2017

Node/MongoDB a must?

Hello fellow Node peps,So I am at a crossroads with the battle of deciding my DB for some little projects I am taking to fully learn Node. I've done a good amount of research on MongoDB (& NoSQL in general) - very cool stuff. Every time I search and hear NodeJS (tutorials, other projects, etc) seem to always use MongoDB and Node versus another NoSQL solution or a relational Database.My question is: why does it seem so obvious to use MongoDB with Node. I assume async functionality plays a decent part in the development.Also, benchmarks and usage information seem to be very bare/non-existent. To try and keep costs down (small VPS's) I want to try to keep resource utilization as low as possible (while providing a quick experience). As it seems MongoDB is more of a resource hog, but I'd like to get some opinions/experiences from others regarding that.This is mainly a learning experience in the end, so I'd like to develop on the DB system that would be best suited.The first project will be a website (probably running express.js), this site will have a social network feel (posts, profiles, etc). No big data or major transaction logs planned.Anyone care to share their input?

Submitted April 24, 2017 at 01:52PM by Miles360x

No comments:

Post a Comment