Sunday 13 March 2016

What the best way to do emails?

I'm creating a web service that has a few cases where emails are sent (password recovery, update notifications, etc). Some are for small numbers of recipients while others are more of a mass mailing. To keep my service responsive I'm thinking of running a separate Docker container with some sort of "additional server" to read the DB and issue the emails.I'm debating on running another node project with a timer, possibly a socket you could poke to trigger the DB read and subsequent emailing. Another option is to create a Gruntfile and have it connected to a cron job that runs it periodically. Being new to Node development I'm not sure exactly what solution I should go with. Does anyone have words of wisdom on how to solve this type of problem?

Submitted March 13, 2016 at 04:12PM by jecxjo

No comments:

Post a Comment