Wednesday 30 March 2016

I think it'd be interesting to learn how to make a highly scalable real-time server with node. Where should I start?

A real-time server, as in one that would be used for something like a video game. I think the concept of how something like Eve Online manages to have tens of thousands of users at once is really cool. I would like to learn the concepts needed to fully understand the architecture and planning that goes into making such a system. I am familiar with Laravel (PHP) and have done quite a bit of work with node as a web application server before, but nothing that needed more than a single instance running on Heroku.For example, check out this diagram that was posted along with this article describing their server structure.What terms or concepts should I be looking for that allows having multiple proxy servers that users can connect to, which then know which master server to connect to, which then communicates to yet another server for database transactions?I know this isn't really node specific, but it seems like a technology people would have experience with it.

Submitted March 31, 2016 at 03:12AM by fluffyanvil

No comments:

Post a Comment