Tuesday 15 March 2016

Seems like you need a really solid understanding of JS to do anything at all with Node.js, right?

I'm not having "problems" learning Node.js, but I feel like there's a lot of intermediate concepts you have to understand in order to do ANYTHING in Node.js.In Front end JS you can get away with just hacking together whatever works. But with Node.js I'm constantly having to stop, and research, more so than other languages.PHP, Ruby, and Front end JS I could just code and code and code without any real difficulties, and without knowing too much.Node.js on the other hand I feel forces you to dig deeper. Is this the general consensus or have I gone off the deep end?Closures, callbacks, promises, anonymous functions, this, etc... Seems like I can't get anywhere without understanding all of these things in detail.No complaints, just an observation. Feel like it's not a beginners language.. er... Runtime or whatever.

Submitted March 16, 2016 at 04:11AM by fastpenguin91

No comments:

Post a Comment