Wednesday 16 March 2016

Kind of in a desperate situation: Is node suitable for freelance?

So due to my wife receiving a very good job offer we moved to a small country: Panama. Which has a stagnant software industry. i.e: you can see job offers asking for someone with 5-10 years experience paying $2000 (USD). People with 2-4 years payment $900. and its common to see offers asking for old tech stacks such as visual basic, struts and fox pro.I have 1 year android and front-end (angular, js, html, css, jquery, bootstrap) experience. So I began thinking that maybe freelancing is a vailable option so I started learning node.js just completed my first nodejs "hello-world-crud-app" yesterday and now started searching about how to get my first freelance client.It seems everyone is using wordpress + php, and that support of maintenance of websites is given through the hosting company (not the developer), but with node.js I would use a VPS server and thus I would have to provide the support directly(?). This is unrealistic because I can't give support 24/7 to potential clients.So I want to know if anyone here has a career as a freelancer using node for the backend. Would really appreciate guidance and to know if it is possible

Submitted March 16, 2016 at 02:45PM by YouShallNot_Parse

No comments:

Post a Comment