Saturday 12 December 2015

What do you think is the best way to use PostgreSQL in node?

I have been thinking about this lately a lot and looking at the current libraries available I'm at a loss at what to do.I have used Waterline a bit and while it makes it easy to start something, I find it more and more lacking as I go. Overall it feels a bit immature, similar to the way sails feels.Also looked at Bookshelf but was instantly turned down due to the lack of documentation/examples. Plus I came across this year old discussion about the next version, which looks (if it delivers) very promising but is nowhere to be seen. It looks like a lot of added functionality over knex, but it doesn't actually make life easier.Haven't checked out Sequelize yet, but from what I have read most people prefer Bookshelf over it, which makes me wonder if it's even worth the time.I started wondering whether it would be worth it to just look for a library to handle validations and write a small wrapper over knex.What do you think? What libraries do you use (if any)?

Submitted December 12, 2015 at 04:02PM by mitom_

No comments:

Post a Comment