Thursday 17 December 2015

Clusters, Children, and Performance

I'm very new to node and looking to improve an existing server/app. I currently have a load balancer on the front end sending traffic to separate servers, each running the same node app. From what I understand, node operates on a single thread - since my machines have multiple cores, what is the most efficient setup for maximizing performance while scaling up? Does using a child/cluster method allow me to use parallel "instances" of the app, taking up more threads? My thoughts were to either A.) spin up a bunch of single-core systems each running the node app, B.) maintain only a few multi-core systems, running multiple "instances" of the app. I apologize for the gaps in my knowledge, please let me know if I need to clarify. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Submitted December 18, 2015 at 01:18AM by smoothjabz

No comments:

Post a Comment