Wednesday 16 December 2015

Question regarding best practices and architecture from a newbie.

*If this is the wrong sub to be posting to please disregard everything below and point me in the proper direction *Hello all,As the title says, I am a newbie so bear with me please. I am interested in writing a small application which will be hosted on OpenShift. As I currently see it, my Node server will act as a web-server (serving the html and my AngularJS stuff) AND the same server will also act as an API with endpoints and database access.As I see it, in my head, any RESTful actions preformed on the page will point to the '/api/ENDPOINT' location.Is what I am doing, or how I envision this happening, absolutely moronic?Should I go about separating the Web-server and API into two different Node servers?In major production environments is any of the above inappropriate?Could you provide me with links or information on security practices to protect the server(s)? I've found a bunch on my own, however, as I am a newbie I am not sure how great the information is - nor is my understanding of server security that great.Finally, I watched a video on Swagger the other night and what interested me the most is the easy ability to cache the DB for "n" seconds to prevent DDOS attacks etc. Would you recommend something other than Swagger to achieve this?Thanks!

Submitted December 16, 2015 at 05:35PM by WasDroppedOnHead

No comments:

Post a Comment