Monday 7 December 2015

Recommendation for message queue technology?

I believe I am in need a message queuing solution. My node.js app will need to call an external webhook when we save data to push changes from our database to another database (owned by another company). I am thinking a I need a message queue to do this.Can anyone recommend a message queuing solution that will play nicely with node.js?I currently use redis as pub/sub in my app, so maybe I can leverage redis for this? What happens if there are 100 messages added to the queue and I need to restart redis for some reason? I do not want to lose the messages in my queue if I have to restart. I do not think I want to use a database as the queue, but only because someone recommended against the db as a queue approach.In ASP.NET, I would use Azure Service Bus, but in node.js, I am not sure what to use. Any recommendations?Thanks!

Submitted December 07, 2015 at 08:36PM by mule52

No comments:

Post a Comment