Wednesday 9 December 2015

Need a little advice with big data...

Hi all,I'm currently working on a project that I'm not sure how best to progress with, in terms of technology and architecture.Ultimately I am developing a project which records a lot of data from an external data stream but also services a REST service that provides analytical data on the data within.During times when a LOT of data is being supplied, the REST service is slow/non-existent and I'm left wondering whether Node/Mongoose, is the best solution for this moving forward.I suspect that running the REST server and data stream process on the same thread/server is probably not the best idea, however would it really solve things by having multiple servers, each handling data, processing and reporting?Any suggestions on how best to handle this?

Submitted December 09, 2015 at 12:24PM by gRoberts84

No comments:

Post a Comment