Monday 14 December 2015

Is it possible to monitor and redirect HTTP requests (OSX) system-wide with node?

INB4 browser plugins - I am a webdev and could make such a thing but i want to tackle this issue at a system level so i dont have to test, manage and package for X different browsers.I'm trying to make a system whitelist app for my OSX machine ( and hopefully also android down the line) which regexes browser traffic and optionally redirects it. It would by default block all requests coming out of browsers unless they met certain criteria.I initially thought this wasn't node's domain, even though JS is my realm, and asked python and golang people for advice. I've now come full circle and am wondering if I could make such a (proxy server?) thing in node.Can someone offer me any examples of monitoring local http requests in redirecting in node or in general? Thankyou :D

Submitted December 14, 2015 at 04:33PM by basiclaser

No comments:

Post a Comment