Monday 7 December 2015

How best to test projects

I come from a Java background, where we write unit tests for all of our code, integration tests for all of our applications, and verification tests for everything too. (Integration tests are build time tests, where the dependent services are mocked out. Verification tests instead run against a live service with all dependencies running live too). This involves a lot of work with various test frameworks, mocking frameworks, and makes a lot of use of the IoC container.Every time I try to write any larger scale node apps, I always end up trying to reproduce this level of testing, and I always end up getting put off because it just doesn't work. The lack of good support for IoC alone makes it hard to do a lot of this.However, I do like node, and I do keep coming back to it. And the fact that a lot of people have a lot of success with it obviously means that it can work, so what am I doing wrong? Am I just trying too hard for my test coverage? Or is there something I'm missing in my aim to have a build that is probably working correctly?

Submitted December 07, 2015 at 03:42PM by sazzer

No comments:

Post a Comment