Tuesday 26 May 2020

Running simple node.js app on google app engine for free? Staging VS production

Trying to get a better understanding of google app engine...We just need to run an api there (node/apollo-server).Would be great to have a staging instance/app that only runs when we need it. I could manually turn it on and off myself but my understanding is I can setup the yaml to work this way... but I'm not sure exactly what the settings will be.Similarly, for production we don't need a lot of bandwidth. Given the below yaml, it's costing me about $1.45 a day... anyway to get it lower without having it go down to 0 instances (we don't have much traffic but I'd like it to not need to spin up when we do).​runtime: nodejsenv: flex# This sample incurs costs to run on the App Engine flexible environment.# The settings below are to reduce costs during testing and are not appropriate# for production use. For more information, see:# https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/flexible/nodejs/configuring-your-app-with-app-yamlmanual_scaling:instances: 1resources:cpu: 1memory_gb: 0.5disk_size_gb: 10I also have a semi-related question here: https://www.reddit.com/r/googlecloud/comments/gqvzt0/specifying_which_appyaml_to_deploy_with/

Submitted May 26, 2020 at 01:29PM by foundry41

No comments:

Post a Comment