Friday 29 May 2020

How to go about setting up a server for updating data and fetching it through an API? (long plan)

Hello,So I have a node.js program that scrapes data from a website.My current plan is:Scrape my chosen website for data (done)Set up my database which is updated through cron job dailyI'm considering using MongoDBLaunch my node.js program on a hosting platform and connect the database to it.What I am unsure about is which hosting platform would be the best for publishing it. I have looked at tutorials for publishing on Digitaloceans and thought it was pretty good (but it is paid.) I am familiar with Heroku but because it is free it is pretty slow.Create a REST API to fetch information from the databaseI would be able to create the rest API and keep it on the same server right?I'm pretty new , so there may be things that don't make sense in the plan.​Thanks in advance : )

Submitted May 29, 2020 at 03:51PM by nebling

No comments:

Post a Comment