Tuesday 26 May 2020

Looking for advice on a web app implementation

Hi there, I am a beginner in Web Dev. I just finished a web dev Bootcamp so I want to do something to practice my skills.I have envisioned a website that can filter articles by the tags attached to each article. The filter would look similar to a hotel or flight booking website where there are checkboxes for each tag. On the right the first 5 articles satisfying the criteria will be displayed by default and if I scroll down more will get loaded. The articles displayed would refresh on the fly as the filter criteria changes.From the Bootcamp I have learned HTML, CSS, node.js, express, EJS and React. I have already prepared All the tags and article content in a MySQL database, and I am planning to deploy the website on Google App Engine (or anything free to get started).I guess this is not anything new, but I just want to finish it as a practice. However, I do not know where to get started. For example, I do not know if I should use node.js + express + EJS or to also include React in the project. I also do not know where to look for the sample code about the filter feature I just described. I tried GitHub but maybe I used the wrong keyword.If anyone has any idea please let me know! Much appreciated!

Submitted May 26, 2020 at 07:37AM by HunterTom94

No comments:

Post a Comment