Wednesday 30 October 2019

[Help] I am very confused. Need some help to start.

I'm fairly new to the world of Node.js and I have some questions because I am greatly confused.I did a project via Online Courses in Udemyhttps://yelpcamp-web-coders.herokuapp.comWhat got me confused, is that I read blog posts, did a number of google searches, and I found billions of courses, books, blog posts, technologies and this is where I am really greatly confused and I really need to sort them on my head.The only solution for me right is to create something on my own without any other courses, I really got tired.Doing courses and homework is easy, for example: write a sort function, make some classes or objects, sort by age, create some eventListeners and so on. But what happens when you want to make a Full Stack Web App? And that's exa ctly where I'm stuck.In the above project which was created on May, that project used Javascript 5 but that's ok. I learned a little bit of Node.js, npm, view engines and somehow managed to do it.For starting I would like to write/create my own blog.I know I can create a blog with Static HTML/CSS/Javascript and some JSON files but I want to do something more complex like for example, when I or the user visits the following url:/blog/posts // Select only the Title and a Short Description from the Table Posts/blog/posts/post_id // Select all from the selected titleMy goal is to use 2 tables, the 1st will contain only id, post_title and the 2nd will contain the post, date_created, primary_id, foreign_key (id from the 1st table) and will make them appear on my browser will relationships and I will also add comments from users via a different table. I'm sure with this I will be able to handle some databases to make my beginning.Now, these are my problems:Is node.js good for MySQL or PostgreSQL?Which Template Engine should I use? I searched and I found many people mention Handlebars, pug, ejs. As I mentioned I want to be able to pull data from a database and make it appear to the user. What is the best to be used with FrontEnd, I want for example something like: Where and will get them from the Database, also I would like to learn Angular and ReactJS in the future, How can I render my webpages with ReactJS or Angular, do I have to use a template engine like ejs and combine ejs with React or is there any different way?3) Should I learn webpack? I read webpack's description if I understand correctly, if for example I have billions of CSS and JS files, webpack combine all of them and serve only 1 CSS and 1 JS file to the end user, is that correct?4) Should I learn Docker?I have 3 PCs, A desktop with Windows, A laptop with Ubuntu and VPS with Ubuntu Server, if I have understood correctly, with Docker you create a container, throw your app, nginx, MySQL server and with a command you are done.I know how to create services, install apps on Linux and I think it might be a lifesaver if I want to change VPS and for testing purposes to all of my machines (I think so)

Submitted October 30, 2019 at 05:51PM by MariosFFX

No comments:

Post a Comment