Tuesday 24 September 2019

What to do next?

Hey friends.I’m going all in on Node and React while trying to land my first full time developer job, and I want to challenge myself with something new using Node.I’ve done a lot with it already, but right now I’m creating a chat and video sharing app using web sockets. Once this is done, I’m not sure what to go learn and work on afterwards. I’ve built a few full stack CRUD applications with authentication at this point and just don’t know where to go next.A list of things I feel comfortable doing with Node:-Basic web server to host files and applications -API creation and management (Express)-Interacting with both SQL and noSQL databases (Sequelize, mysql2, Mongoose)-A really simple command line RPG game using inquirer-Interacting with Firebase using Firebase tools and SDK-Interacting with the file system to change and overwrite some txt files-User authentication with JWT and sessions, mostly using passport and some oauth providers-Currently playing with websocketsAny guidance or reading you can give me would be really helpful - I really like Node’s architecture and the fact that it’s easy to hop between front end work (React) and back end since they both use JS; and I’d like to keep going. Thanks a ton.

Submitted September 24, 2019 at 10:12PM by darkwingduckman

No comments:

Post a Comment