Sunday 29 September 2019

I created a cli tool that lets you create quick and simple scaffolds for Discord bots

Hi,A few days ago it occurred to me that I was getting tired of re-writing my bot templates over and over again.I felt like this could help some beginners out with having a proper structure and keeping it organized, instead of having all of their files jumbled up together. The angular cli inspired me. I also tried to see if there were any cli tools that did this, I wasn't able to find any from Google but hopefully there's room for another one if there exists one already.As of right now only discord.js projects work and you need a Node version that supports fs promises but I will change that soon because I understand some people may have older versions, and fs.promises is still experimental i think.GitHub: https://github.com/ansonfoong/djs-cli-toolNPM: https://www.npmjs.com/package/discordjs-cliYou can create either a plain discord.js project, or one with the commando framework. You can also generate commands and events, and it will build a basic template for you. Currently still trying to find other potential bugs and also working on other features to support more arguments. But if anyone here is interested in checking out the source code and giving me advice I would appreciate it.

Submitted September 29, 2019 at 09:52AM by ansonplusc

No comments:

Post a Comment