Monday 30 September 2019

What is needed to deploy a fullstack app?

( Posted on another subreddit but posting here to get more responses)I'm new to this stuff. I know frontend quite well (HTML, CSS, JS), and know how to deploy it to static severs (GitHub Pages, for instance). It's very straightforward.What's confusing me though is being able to deploy a full-stack app (basically, one with front end and back end. Like say a project that has React on the front end and Node/Express on the backend). I tried deploying one to Heroku, but it seems like I have to deploy both parts separately? (i.e. deploy the back end and front end as sepereate entities/projects/apps and then link them together somehow). I don't get how the process works. It's much more difficult than basic front end.Do you guys get what I'm asking now? Basically, what is the list of steps needed for deploying a full-stack application?

Submitted October 01, 2019 at 03:58AM by GreenMess0

No comments:

Post a Comment