Friday 20 September 2019

Socket.io Hosting?

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Socket.io and Ionic 4, so I decided to practice a bit. I made an app that sends a command through a socket.io server to change the background color of the application. So like I can open the application on two different tabs, press the button on one tab and see the screen go from light to dark or dark to light on both screens simultaneously. I want to be able to build my the app to my phone so that I can tap the button on my phone and see the background color of the application on my browser change, but I can't seem to host the server so that both devices can communicate with the server. I spend the last two days trying to understand how to do this. I googled and youtube and all the tutorials I saw was either on using socket.io with localhost or using socket.io to host a website on platforms like heroku but the tutorials don't quite fit what I want to do... I apologize if I'm just stupid but this is really frustrating me. Can someone please help me? My code can be found at https://github.com/Wolfman13/HeartLight-Client and https://github.com/Wolfman13/HeartLight-Server

Submitted September 20, 2019 at 04:58PM by ChaoticAlchemist

No comments:

Post a Comment