Sunday 22 September 2019

Should I learn Express, Koa, or Hapi? Will documentation for one work for the rest?

I'm familiar with Node.Js because I built a serverless web application using AWS Lambda functions. I'm no expert, but I can use Node and NPM. I also have experience with JS. I want to learn a new framework to build totally new projects from the ground up.​Express has a huge community and every tutorial or package I find online seems to be geared towards Express. It makes me feel less intimidated knowing that there's a huge amount of resources that I can fall back on.Koa seems to be marketed as a strictly 'better' version of Express. Its biggest drawback is that it has a smaller community.Hapi seems to be recommended a lot around here. I read the guiding principles of how Hapi was designed and I love them. They have an emphasis on readability, but no "magic" happening behind the scenes (unlike Ruby). They've also got an emphasis on security.​Are tutorials and packages that I find for express going to work the same on Koa or Hapi? Will the authentication process be the same? Which one of these should I choose to learn.

Submitted September 22, 2019 at 09:22PM by Byte11

No comments:

Post a Comment