Friday 20 September 2019

I built an app to keep track of my followers in all my accounts with VueJs + ExpressJs + MySql

Hi everyone.For the last 3 weeks, I’ve been working on the following project. The thing is I own several accounts for my projects (Instagram, Twitter, MailChimp, GitHub, etc). So it was really hard to keep track of how my audience was growing (or not) in any of them.So I decided to build my own solution. I create a very simple app, that sends directly to your inbox a report showing the followers (subscribers, etc) you have in your accounts. Also, it saves the historical data, so it shows how much your audience has grown.For the tech lovers (I would love to answer any technical questions if you have any):Backend: ExpressJS (Node),FE: Vuejs off course + Bulma + BuefyBD: Mysql DB + Sequelize JSQueues: BullOther tools: Nodemailer, vue-analyticsAPIs integrated: YouTube, Twitter, MailChimp, Convertkit, Instagram and GitHub.I posted about it first in /r/vuejs and some interesting questions came up:Why I choose Bulma instead of Vuetify?Sincerely I recommend both, I think that Bulma is prettier/attractive than Vuetify, but Vuetify is more powerful and flexible than Bulma. So, I would say if your project will need complex pages, with a lot of components I would recommend Vuetify, but if your project is more focused on a clean and visually beautiful UI I would go for Bulma.Which was the hardest API work with?YouTube API was pretty easy to integrate using the googleapis (https://github.com/googleapis/google-api-nodejs-client).Twitter was a bit tedious, because you have to submit for a dev account first to get permissions to use it, and you have to fill a lot of questions and stuff, but then is easy using https://github.com/desmondmorris/node-twitter.But the worst was Instagram, I ended up using a workaround to get the followers from a search GET query that returns a JSON, but I'm not actually using the API.Why did I choose to send the report by email instead display them in a dashboard?I choose an email report because I don’t want another app to remember. I prefer to receive a scheduled report that I could check (daily or weekly) when I read my emails. Easy and simple. I tell you, is really exciting to check your emails and see that you have received a new report, willing to see if your audience is growing. As I really enjoyed the result, I decided to release it to the world. Is FREE, but I added a premium plan, to see if I can make some money with it haha.The app is https://trackmyaudience.xyz, let me know what do you think, any feedback is appreciated.TL;DRI own several accounts for my projects so it was really hard to keep track of how my audience was growing (or not). I built https://trackmyaudience.xyz, a very simple app, that sends directly to your inbox a report showing the number of followers (subscribers, etc) you have in your accounts

Submitted September 20, 2019 at 02:04PM by ngranja19

No comments:

Post a Comment