Tuesday 24 September 2019

[Help] Creating 1st Party vs 3rd Party Access REST API?

Hello,So I'm working on building my own Full Stack Web App. Let's call it "SocialFora". I have a simple Vue client/Node backend setup. Now, based on this info, my Vue client is the 1st party application because it's internal to, let's say "my business". Meaning if users want to login, they go to the site /login. etc. Now, let's say my users want to build their own 3rd party applications to access their stuff. That means I would need to give them access to my "API".In that case, does this "API" that my users are building for the same API that my 1st party vue client is accessing? or is it a separate project API specifically for handling 3rd party access?If the 1st party and 3rd party are indeed accessing the same API backend, then I'm guessing both 1st party and 3rd party applications are using different forms of OAuth2 access methods? (Assuming Password for 1st party, Auth Code for 3rd party).I've searched the web on this topic, but there's nothing that talks about both parties.Your wisdom is very much appreciated! :)Thanks.

Submitted September 25, 2019 at 03:15AM by nathangonz17

No comments:

Post a Comment