Tuesday 20 August 2019

Question using multiple computers

Hello all -Full disclosure - my career to date has been in technology but never have I been a developer.I'm teaching myself Node.js for an upcoming position at work, but finding a tutorial on JUST node.js is pretty limited. I found a tutorial on the MERN stack and thought the skills would translate well since I have never done full stack dev.That I am using multiple computers to work through the tutorial and coding but I am having trouble keep the environments consistent. I am using git but until this tutorial have really only used it via copy paste and never had multiple directories... so I'm learning a couple things with this expedience.I'm certain I am not the only person who uses multiple computers. What is your process for keeping web servers and environments consistent across computers and projects?Not looking to have anyone solve my problem per-se as I'm very positive my issues are just related to my inexperience.Any help is appreciated!

Submitted August 21, 2019 at 01:59AM by soullesseal

No comments:

Post a Comment