Saturday 24 August 2019

Boat - Borderless floating browser

Hi! I suppose this problem was already iterated upon in the past but I haven't had experience with an app that's minimalistic enough to suit my needs. Closest thing I've found was pennywise but it had its problems because pages were rendered in a webview (youtube.com/tv was not working at all for example).So I took the the matter in my own hands and just whipped up a simple electron wrapper that provides you with a way of having an optionally frameless browser window to play desired content while you work/study or whatever else you're doing.Boat has options to be frameless, always-on-top, preload urls and many more. Check out the repository here for more information.Contributions to make it work on Mac are desired as i don't have access to a Mac machine.PR's and feature requests are welcome!

Submitted August 24, 2019 at 11:28AM by Acrilion

No comments:

Post a Comment