Monday 24 June 2019

Issue with Horspool algorithm request parser

I've been working on a rebuild of my API generator; Multicolour, and I've tried a few modules that do request parsing using fast string searching algorithms but they either don't test very well or don't search the entire text for all the occurrences of the pattern.So I built my own which works for just about every payload I throw at it (both static and randomly generated data) but every now and again there comes a payload (which I then add to the static list to test) which trips it up.I'm now complete stuck on the latest trouble payload and I think there's a small detail I'm missing in my algorithm. I've read all kinds of papers on it, other libraries that do the same thing but I'm totally stumped. I've asked this question on Stack Overflow but it didn't seem to hit the audience. I'm happy to offer a bounty over there for it. I've actually fixed it for the payload in the question but there is a new payload causing issues.Stack Overflow questionSource codeTest Source code with payloads

Submitted June 24, 2019 at 10:36AM by davemackintosh

No comments:

Post a Comment