Wednesday 26 June 2019

Learning Go as a Node developer

Hello guys,​Not sure if it fits here, but after writing and teaching a lot about Node and hearing Ryan Dahl's thoughts about Go I dived deeply into it and I think it is worth the time for us Node developers to broaden our view and learn it too.​https://blog.risingstack.com/golang-tutorial-for-nodejs-developers-getting-started/​In this post I tried to cover my experiences as thoroughly as possible about the basics of setting up a Go development environment and writing a simple "Hello World!" server with net/http, encoding/json, kelseyhightower/envconfig and about Go's dependency management.​What do you guys think? Is it helpful at all, should I continue with the series? Also if you've already started writing Go code, what are your experiences? For me, I like it so far, only when I wrote some low-level programs for hardware management on Linux, testing was way too cumbersome.

Submitted June 26, 2019 at 02:16PM by shadowbeetle

No comments:

Post a Comment