Tuesday 25 June 2019

DO guide

I'm really new at this, and I'm adult learner who is learning from tutorials, so I don't have a classroom to fall back on. I'm hoping someone will help me get past this.​So here is my problem: I'm stuck with a 501 error when I tried to deploy my project to a cloud server on DigitalOcean (DO). I followed this DO Guide, and I built a functioning website based off of this tutsplus guide. I got past the CORS blocker that I encountered but now that I have deployed it to DO, I get the 501 and nothing else to go on. I also loosely followed Juriy Bura's Deploying Node tutorials on youtube, but he's using Cent and I'm on Ubuntu.​Do I need to have my js running in something like PM2? Why?If not, why did it serve up pages on localhost in my home machine (virtualbox).? I just used live-server in atom, and the pages loaded fine without PM2 running.

Submitted June 25, 2019 at 11:17PM by virg74

No comments:

Post a Comment