Saturday 22 June 2019

How do you handle thread blocking if you’re running multiple node instances in Docker?

Hey guys, full disclosure, I haven’t worked with Docker and I’m still new to node but I’ve read a lot about both and I’m getting my project rolling.The way I understand it is you can use Kubernetes with Docker to add a lot of scalability to a project by spinning up multiple instances of whatever micro services you need. I think Kubernetes handles load balancing?If my server only has X cores, I’ll always only be able to run X threads simultaneously for async tasks. So what’s the benefit of running multiple load-balances instances with a container based solution? Technically you’ll always be limited by your threads so how does that help with scalability?

Submitted June 22, 2019 at 04:55PM by g3t0nmyl3v3l

No comments:

Post a Comment