Monday 24 June 2019

Difference bw/ Front end framework and Node view engine?

Hi all, I’ve just started learning real web development and am learning about Node and React, Vue, etc. So generally speaking React and Vue are used to display client-side markup while Node is used for backend services and making database queries. So upon watching videos on YT, a node tutorial was describing setting up a view with EJS and that includes an HTML template as well as Routing for different pages in the application. I was confused by this because I would expect this to be reserved for front end frameworks like React. So the tutorial finished creating an app with pure Nodejs (mind you it was a simple application), but that made me question what the point is in using Node vs React to create the client side view. What is the difference? Is it the same thing, only that it’s best practice to separate the back-end with the front-end by using different frameworks? Thank you! Apologies if this is a simple question, I am only beginning my learning.

Submitted June 25, 2019 at 04:15AM by world_wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment