Sunday 23 June 2019

API Gateway and Microservices question

Say I work for a company and there are many brands under the company. I have microservces such as userService, emailService, reviewsService, etc.So if I go to a specific brand's website and subscribe to its newsletters, then first I will need to send requests to the API gateway and it will direct me to the database of that particular band. API Gateway will authenticate/authorize if I'm already a user and if I'm authorized to subscribe, etc. Then, API Gateway will serve as an entry point and looks up the microservice (subscribeService) which can serve the request and delivers it to relevant part. Is this the right approach? Would be great if you could explain the whole architecture and flow? Thanks!

Submitted June 23, 2019 at 10:35PM by reddit_9810

No comments:

Post a Comment