Saturday 25 May 2019

Had an Interview in Node... Am I Mistaken?

I just had an interview for Node dev position, I have been working in it for 2 years.One of the questions I received was regarding Node and multithreading. I know the interviewer admittedly was more of a C#/ .NET dev so I wasn't sure if he thought threading had to be manually managed by the developer in Node like it does for C#. I answered that Node handles it automatically (or something like that). I don't think he liked this answer and laterally moved to something like "so what if there is multiple concurrent requests?" I said something like Node is non-blocking and unless you are writing async code, race conditions and data integrity management is handled pretty well by Node.​I answered humbly because to be honest im not entirely sure how Node works behind the scenes. I just know I have made Apps where threading and data integrity never came into play the sessions always matched even in concurrent requests.​Am I wrong? What do you suppose my interviewer was looking for?​EDIT: I gave a quick rundown of my answer they were actually more detailed, pretty certain interviewer wasn't looking for more detail. He seemed like he thought there must be something done about threading/thread-safe/ data-integrity in Node, manually.

Submitted May 25, 2019 at 01:19PM by Macdaddy6969

No comments:

Post a Comment