Wednesday 13 June 2018

MEAN stack learning rythm/learning curve?

Hi. I've started with MEAN stack, focusing in node, about 2 months ago. And I feel somehow I'm going slowly?So far in these 2 months I've done/learnt this:-Express (memorized the whole API just for fun).-The basics of node (npm, events, routing...)-The basics of Angular (just binding, modeling, setting up controllers, not much more)-How to setup a a DB and creating models and schemas with Mongoose, validating them, populating, relating collections... and using the database to create different CRUD thingies.-The basics of Oauth and passport (I can make an app that authenticates with FB, twitter, linkedin...).-Some websocket stuff (enough to make simple chatrooms).-How to setup a REST api (never did that before).-How to tinker with EJS in html templates.-Testing with mocha, chai, sinon (in some depth all of them) and now starting with TDD. Learnt most common patterns for testing in different use cases (CRUD, routing, DB queries, models...).-Combining all the above to create basic CRUD sites (users posting posts and threads for example), with Oauth login, data validation, with some frontend logic (with Angular), developed with TDD methodology.Yet I feel like I have impostor syndrome. Currently I'm dedicating 9-10 hours a day to this stack, so I feel I should be more advanced with such dedication.Is this a proper pace for 2 months or should I push harder? how was your learning? What tips or resources could you give me to accelerate my learning?Sorry if this question is not appropriate for this place. Will delete if needed.

Submitted June 13, 2018 at 11:36AM by NodeNoodle

No comments:

Post a Comment