Saturday 23 June 2018

[Question] writing post request without route

So I feel like a total noob for having to ask this but I have never had to write a request without it having a route. So basically I need to call a post request periodically to get a new bearer token from a service to be used in all my API calls. During the development, I have just been using Postman to get a new bearer token and just hard coding it in. Now that it is going live I need to automate that.At this point, I am at a loss as to how I would structure a POST request without a route. This is just going to be triggered server side without user interaction.I know this is pretty vague and I am probably missing some fundamental understanding but I can't find anything from googling that refers to what I am trying to do(probably not asking the right questions). If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.TL:DR - Need to make post request to get new bearer token from service to use in my API calls. Not sure how to do this without using routes.

Submitted June 23, 2018 at 06:11PM by onlyslavesobey

No comments:

Post a Comment