Friday 29 June 2018

Client/Server Node Implementation

Hello all,I am fairly new to Node and web development in general, so I'm still learning this framework among others and how to structure a project directory. I am currently developing a personal project that implements Node for the back-end and Vue for the front-end. My project's current directory is simply structured as such:> App--> Client (Vue)--> Server (Node)My question: Should I npm init in both the Client and Server folders to have each end of the project use their own node_modules or should I npm init in the parent directory to have them share a common node_modules folder?I plan to host my project on Heroku and from what I understand you have to host the front-end and back-end as separate "apps", where the front-end calls the back-end for data. So this makes me think that you would need separate node_modules.

Submitted June 29, 2018 at 03:54PM by josecramirez

No comments:

Post a Comment