Friday 15 June 2018

How do I get more involved with my company’s node infrastructure?

So I just graduated and joined as as a frontend engineer to a company that uses a node/react stack. While I love building up features and making our website come to life, I’m also quite interested in nodejs as a backend and how webpack/babel do their magic.I really want to acquire the knowledge that will me get a better understanding of how our web app works behind the scenes so that I can help improve it and maybe one day even help fix things if somethings breaks.However, when I look at our webpack configs and everything to do with how our app is built I feel really lost. There’s just so many files it seems and even though Ive worked with node for some of my personal projects, I feel like i don’t know enough to understand our seemingly complex structure. Even just looking through the scripts in our package.json is confusing for me.There’s only a handful of people in my company it seems that really know how our node infrastructure works and I want to eventually join that club. What’s the best way for me to become more familiar with how larger production node systems work so that I feel more comfortable when being on that side of things? Should I just watch pluralsight tutorials? Read articles? Brute force looking through my company’s repositories? Thanks in advance!

Submitted June 15, 2018 at 09:35AM by StraightZlat

No comments:

Post a Comment