Friday 11 May 2018

Newbie question: REST API scaling

Hello fellow programmers,I'm new to NodeJS and am trying to figure out if Node is a good choice for my project.My current plan is to use:MySQL DBNode REST API(s?)ReactJS frontendAs I've been researching across the web about Node and how it compares to Ruby/Python/PHP, it seems that a possible pain point is that Node could have slower performance at scale? Since it only allows a single operation to happen at a time while other incoming requests wait in a queue, if I understand correctly.The system needs to be able to handle roughly 10,000 daily users, and a key objective is fast response times.Is Node a good choice for this? Some of the common advantages seem to be ease of programming since it's JS, but that isn't important to me since I have plenty of time to make this, and am language-agnostic in terms of personal preference.Thanks for reading this :) have a great Friday night and I look forward to hearing your expert opinions!

Submitted May 12, 2018 at 12:39AM by WildBattery

No comments:

Post a Comment