Sunday 13 May 2018

Handling forms & data WITHOUT frameworks - nodejs

Good afternoon from back here, folks! I'm kind of stuck on this thing here. I've been searching for a long time for something pretty basic, and I haven't found a single result that helps me. Uh... I don't know if this or r/learnprogramming is the better place to post this, so I'm posting it in both.Basically, I want to handle forms using the default modules, without installing new frameworks. I started learning nodejs about sometime ago, and I decided to 'learn by doing', you know - create a message-board-ish thing - and ran into the first obstacle: forms. I don't know express, and every single tutorial for form handling I look at keeps using express.app.get.post or whatever.So if someone has a tutorial or a helpful handful of words or something, it'll help loads. Right now, I have a server listening for GET request that serves a form, but doesn't do anything with it. Please? I desperately need to know how to handle form data witohut frameworks.I have this idea of splitting the url with request.url.split("&"), but that only works for GET, and doesn't tell me how to send the ofrm data to my server. Please help, guys? Thanks thanks thanks so much!

Submitted May 13, 2018 at 01:05PM by OrochimarusCthulhu

No comments:

Post a Comment