Thursday 11 January 2018

Questions about Node, Express, and Nginx

I'm new to Node and am kind of overwhelmed by some aspects of it. I'm working on a Vue project now and am having trouble understanding a few things. Any help would be much appreciated.I see Node can serve files as well. Is it common/good to have your production environment use Node as a server? Or is it just for serving dev projects?Is it necessary to even use Node as a server for Node projects? If I were to use Nginx instead would I have to set it up as a reverse proxy for the Node server?Express isn't a server, right? It's just middleware and when the request it made to the server itself it will tell Express what it wants and Express will decide what happens from there?Thanks for your help

Submitted January 11, 2018 at 07:49PM by aesamattki

No comments:

Post a Comment