Tuesday 30 January 2018

How to accept file uploads when having multiple backend node servers?

If you have many backend node servers that accept file uploads, you don't want those servers to store the files on their local filesystems, because then the uploads will be divided across several servers.How can you take the uploads from each backend server and upload them to a central server that would serve those files using nginx? I don't want to use something like S3, I want to host these files myself.Do you know how to do this? I thought there would be more information on this since it seems like it would be quite a common problem... everyone who has more than 1 node server and accepts file uploads would need to solve this but I don't see much info about it.Is there a way to just issue a POST or PUT to an nginx server with the file? I don't want to upload it directly from the browser, the file first needs to get to the node servers for processing, and the node servers will then upload it to the file server.

Submitted January 30, 2018 at 01:09PM by nowboarding

No comments:

Post a Comment