Saturday 13 January 2018

PM2 spawning too many processes on Ubuntu

So I have a basic Express web server running on a DigitalOcean Droplet (running Ubuntu 17.10 x64), and I am using PM2 to run it in the background.When I first run it, everything is fine and nothing uses too much memory. After a few days of it running, I see that the memory is slowly increasing in usage, so I run htop on the server and see this - there are 2 screenshots, one with tree mode and one sorted by memory usage %.As you can see pm2 seems to have multiple processes running and my web server also seems to have multiple instances running, all using memory. Even my Redis server has several processes running as well as other system processes.Why has this happened? How can I stop it?

Submitted January 13, 2018 at 04:40PM by thatguywiththatname2

No comments:

Post a Comment