Friday 19 January 2018

npm scripts to copy dir on a windows machine

Hi, I've started learning about npm as a build tool and I was loving it after struggling with webpack and finding gulp clunky.But I've hit a small snag..I'm using the windows command "robocopy" to copy some directorys within npm scripts. It works but I think robocopy returns an exit code that npm reads as having failed (I think this is what's happening at least). So npm chucks out a load of errors.I went off down a massive rabit hole installing ubuntu thinking to use the "cp" command from bash but I couldn't get the ubuntu environent to see the path variables to the npm directory.What options do I have? - Throw windows away for ever because it's turd? - Find some kind of linux terminal thing on windows that lets me use "cp"? - Just ignore all the npm errors? (I hate this the most).Thanks kindly.

Submitted January 19, 2018 at 09:54PM by longcraft

No comments:

Post a Comment