Tuesday 23 January 2018

npm install ridiculous CPU/RAM

My computer has slowed to a crawl after running npm install in a WordPress theme Sage folder... not sure if this has to do with Node or Sage, but the CPU is over 70% (by default it shouldn't be allowed to go over 50%) and it's using over 1GB of RAM, and grinding the hard drive. No other program has done this on my PC yet. I have 1GB of RAM left out of an 8GB PC and am having trouble even closing other programs to try to free up RAM.Is there some better way to do this? While waiting for Node I shouldn't have to sludge through everything else or leave my computer for some unknown amount of time; it's already been 15 minutes.My computer: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i7, 8GB RAM, 250GB hard drive with 75% free space.

Submitted January 23, 2018 at 10:03PM by davecreeker

No comments:

Post a Comment