Thursday 11 January 2018

[new to Linux] npm command not found but..

Heya,I'm not root on the system so I installed Node with following instructions here http://ift.tt/1ter1hp (the first code block, I also replaced npmjs.org with www.npmjs.org so it could find the install.sh file)Command node works perfectly, but I really don't know if npm is installed or is not :PMy /local/bin/ folder have one file, node, and two symlinks(?)npm -> ../lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js npx -> ../lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npx-cli.js When I change folder to ~/local/lib/node_modules and run ls -laFR I get result:npm -> ../../../../../../tmp/npm.27218/package Still in same folder, but neither npm or ./npm commands work ( command not found, and ./npm no such file or directory )Well I'm clueless, any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Submitted January 11, 2018 at 11:55AM by thebeeq

No comments:

Post a Comment