Saturday 17 June 2017

nodejs, yo, Docker local dev container issue

Please don't be offended, but I am not using Docker for it's main use case (deployment). I'm trying to set it up as a local development container to forgo having to install dependencies to my host machine. I am so close to getting this to work.I have a node js Docker image with an alpine base and mount my code files into the container on run. However, when I run:yo -vI get the following error.I have tried adding a local user and elevating it, but still no luck. I'm convinced this isn't necessarily a permission issue, but a yeoman specific issue regarding a global installations and Root. I have tried the solutions here regarding chmod to no avail.Here's my Dockerfile for reference:FROM mhart/alpine-nodeRUN npm install -g yeoman-doctorRUN npm install -g yoRUN npm install -g generator-express-mysqlEXPOSE 8080ENV NODE_ENV developmentCMD [ "tail", "-f", "/dev/null" ]

Submitted June 18, 2017 at 03:48AM by Wallblacksheep

No comments:

Post a Comment