Saturday 24 June 2017

ORM vs parameterized queries, which do you prefer?

There seems to be a debate between picking an ORM vs parameterized queries. I believe I am underestimating parameterized queries, if I were to pick the two, I would definitely pick an ORM.From my understanding:ORM:Robustness: You need not to worry about the syntax errors you might make in writting the SQL query.Scalability: With the change in kind/amount of data you are handling. It is very common to change the database engine. You need not to worry about the breakage in query, as ORM handles that.Security: You need not to worry about the security breaches due to SQL Injections etc as the ORM already acts a protective shield against them **Parameterized Queries:Speed: Faster than ORM

Submitted June 24, 2017 at 10:36PM by badboyzpwns

No comments:

Post a Comment