Monday 26 June 2017

Question about deployment on Windows

Hi /r/node!I've gotten together an express app that I want to deploy on a windows server, but I have a few issues.First is how to deploy this and have the server run without user interaction on Windows.First Attempted Option:I've used Pkg from Zeit to compile the app into a standard windows EXE file, but I'm too unfamiliar to break out things like config files and log files from the main executable.Second Attempted Option:I've also attempted to do this via node-windows and install the app as a windows service, but then I find that the tool doesn't respond to requests. (could be an issue with the port assignment.) I get logging from this version, but nothing to do since I can't send requests to it.Third Attempted Option:I've also tried to get the tool run as a scheduled task in windows by using the Node executable as the program to open, then the path to my Index.js file as a commandline argument. (goes nowhere, does nothing.)TL:DR; Deploying express/node on windows, want help figuring out how to deploy to windows, and have everything available.

Submitted June 26, 2017 at 01:39PM by cjrutherford

No comments:

Post a Comment