Friday 9 June 2017

I'm loving Node, thanks /r/Node

I've been working on Node for the past month, been having a lot of fun. I come from primarily a Django/Python backend (& PHP).Just wanted to say I appreciate everyone here helping me learn and not downvoting me to oblivion.Some of my beginner threads:Is NodeJS even right for me?What are some common/noob mistakes you find with JS/NodeJS developmentNode/MongoDB a must?Struggling to transition to Node, noob questionsI haven't made anything incredible, but I feel like I am working in the environment now - and not having to google every second. I love the unopinionated and lightweight feel (of Node in general & ExpressJS), I thought I wouldn't coming from Django! I'm not sure why, but I am in love with the template processing system Jade/Pug for Express - I honestly didn't know things like that existed even for other platforms. I've managed to reduce a ton of my code!Sorry to ramble!

Submitted June 09, 2017 at 01:37PM by Miles360x

No comments:

Post a Comment